Everything you wanna know about me…
Thanks for stopping by my little blog here and not immediately navigating away from the page. I appreciate you giving it a gander. I’ll do my best to make it worth your time… I said I’d try, just sayin.
I just turned 30 and am living the Cleveland area, Berea to be exact. I had considered getting into the blogging world after trolling the circuit of Running Blogs for months, so thank you for joining me on this endeavor where I chronicle marathon training, horse training, and life on the road as a corporate trainer.
I have only been a “runner” or a wanna-be runner since 2010. I was never a runner growing up. I was never really an athlete either. I played softball, basketball, and volleyball in grade school but was more interested in sitting on the bench with my friends. In high school I was on the dive team, yet, a bit of diving board fear (and being ridiculously awkward in a bathing suit) prevented me from being any good.
After college, booze, and late night snacks, I was very unhealthy and a bit overweight. So I decided to try some running thinking it would be the easiest (ha) and quickest way to lose the pounds. I started out with a small 5k and fell in love. I have now ran 7 half marathons and one full marathon completed in September. My next 26.2 attempt comes April, 22nd. 2012.
I love horses. Pretty intensely and have been riding horses since I was 7 years old. I am currently training my 8 year old off the track thoroughbred, Grady, dressage and some jumping. He’s my first and only horse and I love him. Training an animal with a mind of its own its a lot of work, and has taken longer than expected. But there is such satisfaction knowing that I taught him myself, my way.
I have been working for the same company for 4+ years now and am pretty happy in my position. Not everyone “loves” their job, but mine is actually ok. As a trainer I get to meet all kinds of people and see parts of our territory that most people don’t. I certainly would not travel to some of these places willingly. But, it should make for some good stories.
Other random things about me you will totally find useful…
- I grew up in Toledo, Ohio and moved to Cleveland to live with friends. Not for a job, like normal people do.
- I graduated from Bowling Green State University in 2005 after 5 fun years of screwing off. The real world hurts, my friend.
- I am a chronic over-booker. I tend to have an inability to say no to any fun event.
- I have run 11 half marathons and am pretty proud of each one. However, my worst half was supposedly down hill. Only me, I swear.
- I have a soft spot for all animals and don’t eat much meat. I am very sensitive to their well-being and have been known to bring strays in off the street, like this guy…
- I watch the Biggest Loser religiously and would do anything for the chance to work out with Bob. Take a number, right?
- I see nothing wrong with staying in on a Saturday night to watch Cupcake Wars.
- I see nothing wrong with staying in on a Saturday night to bake cupcakes like I am on Cupcake Wars.
- I dream of doing speed work and running 800s, but have never tried.
- My goal Marathon time is a 4:15… probably should get on that speed work thing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and follow me on this journey of juggling my personal life, running life, and work life. It’s going to be an intense year.